DEPARTMENT: CURRICULUM STUDIES AND TEACHING
NAME OF STAFF: NEKANG FABIAN NFON (Ph.D)
Secondary E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 675 34 47 45 / 693 44 32 98
BRIEF EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
* University Of Yaoundé I, ENS Annex Bambili (1994 – 1997), DIPES1, Mathematics
* University of Nigeria, Nsukka (2002 – 2005), M.Ed Mathematics Education
* University of Nigeria, Nsukka (2006 – 2011), Ph.D Mathematics Education
RESEARCH INTEREST AREA
• Teaching and Learning of Mathematics
• Gender issues in Mathematics Education
MASTER DESSERTATIONS SUPERVISED
PhD THESES SUPERVISED
1. Nekang, F. N. (2015). Ethnomathematics: The Cultural Aspects of Secondary School Mathematics in Cameroon. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Review, 1 (9) 137 – 147, November 2015. ISSN:2395 – 1877.
2. Nekang, F. N. (2015). Improving Primary School Teachers’ Competences and Attitudes Towards Mathematics Education in Cameroon. International Journal of Education and Research, 3 (7)163 – 174, July 2015. ISSN:2411 – 5681.
3. Nekang, F. N. (2015). The impact of Reda’s Problem Solving Strategy on Secondary School Students’ Achievement in Trigonometry in Cameroon. African Journal of Social Sciences, 6 (1) 49 – 67, March 2015. Unique Printers, Bamenda. ISSN:2410 – 3756.
4. Nekang, F. N. (2014). Concept mapping instructional strategy and gender parity on students’ achievement and interest in elementary probability in Bui division in Cameroon. African Journal of Special Education (AJOSE), 2 (1) 101 – 115, March 2014. DESIGN Houses, Limbe.
5. Nekang, F. N. (2014). A review of the Concepts, Models, Strategies and Theories for Problem-Solving in Mathematics and the Mathematical Sciences. International Journal of Advancement in Physical Sciences, 6(1) 10 – 27.
6. Nekang, F. N. (2013). Effect of Rusbult’s Problem Solving Strategy on Secondary School Students’ Achievement in Trigonometry Classroom. Journal of Mathematics Education 6 (1) 38 – 55, June 2013. Education for All.ISSN:1945 – 7448.
7. Nekang, F. N. (2013). A Survey of Secondary School Students’ Interest in Trigonometry Problem-Solving in Buea Sub Division, South West Region of Cameroon. African Journal of Social Sciences, 4 (1) 88 – 104, March 2013. Unique Printers, Bamenda.
NEKANG FABIAN NFON (Ph.D) is a senior lecturer of Mathematics Education in the Department of Curriculum Studies and Teaching, Faculty of Education, University of Buea. He is a seasoned Mathematics Educator whose rich experience stems from teaching Mathematics in primary schools, Mathematics and Additional Mathematics in Secondary Schools, Mathematics with Statistics in High Schools, Mathematics and Statistics in Teacher Training Colleges; Engineering Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Business Statistics and Management Sciences in Tertiary Institutions in Cameroon and Nigeria. He has been an examiner for the West African Examination Council (WAEC), the National Exanimation Council (NECO) in Nigeria and the Ordinary Level Mathematics for the Cameroon General Certificate of Education Examination. He was a member of the Mathematics Teachers Association in the North West Province and presently is member of the South West Association of Mathematics Teachers (SWAMT). He has to his credit a chain of scholarly articles published nationally and internationally in reputable journals.