Presentation of the Division
The Division of Research and Publications is one of 3 central administrative units under the supervision of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Research, Cooperation and Relations with the Business World. The unit is a common feature of the organisational structure of all public universities in Cameroon, who have the mandate to support the development, promotion and dissemination of research for development. It serves as the Secretariat of the University of Buea Scientific and Research Committee (see structure for management of research at UB)
The Division has two services, namely;
- The Research Service
- The Publications Service
The focus of each of the 2 services is summarised as follows:
The Research Service
- Searching and publicising funding and capacity building opportunities relevant to research development
- Planning and delivering sensitisation/consultation and capacity building activities
- Monitoring research activities to ensure compliance
- Grant management
The Publications Service
- Tracking research outputs
- Reporting research to inform strategic management and enhance uptake
- Organization of dissemination activities targeting internal and external stakeholders.
- Promoting staff publication
The Division collaborates closely with other units both at the centre and at the level of the establishments to ensure effective support for university research. The staff of the Division therefore work constantly to ensure good working relationships with all its partners within the university. The team therefore works constantly to ensure good working relationships with all our partners within the university.
The current staff strength is 4 (1 Head of Division, 2 Service Heads and 1 Administrative Assistant). The organization of work in the Division emphasises collegiality and teamwork. The Division strives to provide costumer-centred services to ensure that the support provided responds to the needs of the researchers and leadership, whilst constantly benchmarking service provision in order to stay abreast of innovations and improvements in the area of research and innovation management.